The Gurgle


There’s a place inside our bathroom which is damp and full of gunge;
It is where the Urgle Gurgle eats the shampoo, soap and sponge.

I’m convinced it's had Dad's toothbrush (he's been brushless for a week),
And my plastic duck has disappeared; it went without a squeak.

In the spot where Mum’s leg razor was, there’s just a soapy space.
And the bath-cap that my sister wears has gone without a trace,

Where my Granny put her false teeth is a first class mystery,
But my guess is that the Urgle Gurgle ate them for its tea.

For the clues are there for all to see if you should care to look,
With prints found round the bathroom from its claws all caked in muck.

The Gurgle lives and eats within the basin over-flow.
I have seen its filthy features as I've washed my face, and so,

I advise you all to keep clear of this strange and hungry creature.
By the way … has anybody seen my dear old Aunty Rita ?